Yep. It’s that time again.
Time to make your New Year’s resolutions. Maybe you plan to . . .
- Finish that training you bought
- Create your on-line course
- Network more
- Whatever it takes to grow your business to the next level.
You’re going to do it this time Right?!
And you start out strong. But then, in six months—Or six weeks. Or six days. Or six hours!—you find you’ve given up.
(Been there. Done that. Gave up on resolutions completely for awhile.)
But why? Why do we give up when it’s so important to us?
Well, what I’ve seen over and over again is that when your resolution goes against something in your subconscious—even if your subconscious is being irrational, illogical, or just plain stupid—your subconscious always wins.
No amount of willpower can push past your subconscious for long.
It just wears you down until you give up.
Three types of subconscious blocks I’ve seen a lot of are:
- A belief that you need to do (or avoid) something to stay safe.
- Others’ limiting expectations of you.
- Seeing yourself in a limiting way. (Check out the video for examples of what each of these looks like.)
So what do you do if you can’t seem to follow through on your resolution?
Well, the fastest way to change I know of is to uncover your subconscious block and tap to release it.
If you don’t know how to do that (or you don’t have a tapping practitioner to work with), what I’d suggest is to create a daily tapping practice with your resolution. Here’s how:
- Set aside at least 5 minutes every morning.
- During that 5 minutes, visualize yourself taking the action you’ve resolved to take AND getting the results you want.
- (And, most importantly) Tap while you visualize.
Tapping whittles away at the underlying fear, limiting belief, or whatever.
So it gets easier to follow through on your resolution and, eventually, create the “new you.” And new and improved business.
No willpower required.
Happy New Year and Happy Tapping!