I’ve been hearing from a lot of people lately that they are waiting.
Waiting until the US election is over . . . Until the new government is installed . . . Until a vaccine comes through.
Waiting until 2021 because you’ve written off 2020!
Waiting for something outside of yourself to change before you move forward with what you want in your life.
Oh, I totally get it—lately there have been times I’ve just wanted to hunker down with some ice cream and wait until this all blows over.
It sounds logical and rational to wait until things settle down.
But what I know from all the work I’ve done with my clients is that this kind of “waiting until” reasoning is false.
It’s really just your rational brain trying to make sense of why you aren’t going after what you want.
And there are a lot of possible reasons out there to blame for why you aren’t taking action. Especially now.
The truth is, though, that it isn’t rational to wait to start living your life until things get back to normal. Why? Well . . .
• Will things ever really get back to the way they were? No one knows for sure, but a lot of folks are starting to speculate they won’t.
• Of course there will be changes when we have an effective vaccine. And the economy improves. But no one knows how long it will take for those changes to happen. What does it benefit you to put everything on hold until then?
• And what will truly be different in your day-to-day life the day—or week, or month, or year—after the election is decided?
So why are you really waiting?
I’ve heard things like this from long before 2020.
• “I’m going to wait until I have more money.”
• “I’m going to wait until the kids are grown up.”
• “I’m going to wait until I’ve gotten certified.” Or “learned more.” Or “gotten more experience.”
There’s always something you can “wait until.”
But that’s not going to get you what you want.
If you want a big change in your life or business, the best time to go after that change is RIGHT NOW.
To do that, you need to make a change inside of you. Because what’s really holding you back is not happening on the outside.
It’s on the inside.
Change what’s going on inside of you so you can step up no matter what is happening out there.
Then you can change what’s going on in your life and maybe in other people’s lives. For the better.
So if you’ve been telling yourself you should wait, don’t listen.
Because this is your life.
Don’t wait to start living it.