We’re being inundated with the message that we are all in hard times now and no one is making any money.
I call BULLSHIT.
(Pardon my swearing, but this issue needs that kind of emphasis.)
I read the news. I see social media post after social media post driving the point home that “There’s no money out there. No one is buying now. We might as well flush 2020—and our businesses—down the drain, ‘cause we’re all going to end up living in a tent.”
I don’t buy it.
And I want you to know that it’s a lie.
Yes, it’s true that many people are struggling now. This is a problem we need to address as a society.
But you don’t help them or anyone else by buying into the gloom-and-doom line that “It’s going to happen to me and everyone I know.”
I know it can be hard to step away from those messages, to think differently from the mainstream messages, but it’s important.
Here’s what happens if you accept the messages as the truth:
- First, you become afraid, which makes it hard to think and get creative with your business.
- Then you hide, which means you don’t get your message (or new offer, or virtual service, or great product) out to those people who need it—and would buy from you—now.
- Finally, you just give up. And that means you don’t make the money you could use to help yourself and those who are struggling.
I don’t want any of that for you!
So what do you do instead?
One thing you can do is look for the small businesses doing well now. If you can’t think of any, let me share some.
- I’ve heard from numerous friends and colleagues that their business is doing better than ever now.
- My own business has had 3 of its 4 highest earning months ever over the past summer. Yes, during COVID times. (And, yes, I know I’m blessed.)
- My clients are telling me things like: “This is the best month I’ve ever had.” And “I’d never sold my biggest program before, but I sold it to three people last month.” And “Making money has been so easy.”
In fact, after posting a video about the BS messages earlier this week on Facebook, I had a lot of other business owners reaching out to tell me that they have been doing really well, too. It’s like we’ve been feeling like we’re supposed to keep it secret.
Here’s that video:
It shouldn’t be a secret. It is possible to make money now. A lot of it. And plenty of business owners are doing just that.
That means the money is there, waiting for you.
It can even be easy to earn it.
When you realize that down to your toes, then it becomes easier to make money.
All of this is why I’m declaring the theme of September to be “Money!”
I’ll be focusing the whole month on money—talking about what you can do to clear away the gunk inside so you can earn the money that’s out there for you. Easily.
So if you’re struggling with $—or the idea of making $—during these times, September is your month.